Community School for Creative Education is a school for and from the community. We welcome volunteer participation.
Join our Parents and Families in Action.
Our next meeting is:
Tuesday, September 18, 8:45am - 9:45am. Review our Agenda and come.
Wednesday, September 19, 5:30pm - 7:30pm join our Back To School Night.
Get involved! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Design team/Launch Team
The CSCE design team has been working for three years to build a school. CSCE has been committed to involving parents and community in building the school from the beginning. Early on, CSCE partnered with Oakland Community Organizations (OCO), a community organizing group. OCO has spent the last 12 years reforming schools in Oakland. OCO worked with parents to transform over-crowded, mulit-tracked schools serving primarily students of color from low income neighborhoods. OCO worked with allies and the district to create 40 jn-district small schools, as well as charter schools. This work was done by organizing parents. Many of these small schools have local organizing committees (LOCs), parent leadership, and family resource centers. CSCE exists because of the work OCO, and is following this tradition of parent and community involvement. Now is the critical moment where parent leadership is vital. The design team, now called The Launch Team, comprises many important teams based on specific expertise and interest:
- Scope: Design team development, strategic direction, political strategy (district, state), educational vision, community partnerships
- Petition Sections: Assurances, Founding Group, Mission & Vision, Students to be Served (w/ Family & Marketing), Educational Philosophy (w/ Education), Governance (w/ Governance & Legal)
- Scope: Data Management, School Administration
- Petition Sections: Methods of Assessment (w/ Core Education), Use & Reporting of Data (w/ Core Education), Admissions Policies (w/ HR &Legal), Suspension & Expulsion ( w/ HR & Legal), Public School Alternative, Administrative Services (w/ Business & HR)
- Scope: Finance/Budget, Business Plan
- Petition Sections: Audits, Compensation & Benefits (w/ HR), School Closure, Facilities (w/ Facilities), Administrative Services (w/ Admin & HR), School Contracts (w/ Legal), Budget
Core Education team
- Scope: K-8 Instructional Program, Waldorf Approach, Multi-cultural Education
- Petition Sections: Educational Philosophy (w/ LT), Curriculum & Instruction Design, Special Education, Plan for Low/High Achieving Students, English Language Learners (w/ Family), Measurable Pupil Outcomes, Methods of Assessment, Use & Reporting of Data (w/ Admin)
- Scope: Donor Cultivation, Grant Research & Solicitation, Communications & Grant Management
- Petition Sections: None
Educational Enrichment team
- Scope: Research, Design, Funding for Afterschool Program & Family Resource Center; Community Partnerships
- Petition Sections: None
- Scope: Real Estate Research, School Design/Architecture/Construction, Landscape/Garden/Playground
- Petition Sections: Health & Safety (w/ H & S), Facilities (w/ Business)
- Scope: Community Listening, Community Outreach/Engagement, Family Communications (incl. Parent Council), Family Resource Center
- Petition Sections: Students to be Served (w/ LT and Marketing), Racial & Ethnic Balance (w/ Marketing), English Language Learner (w/ Core Education)
- Scope: Management Structure & Strategy; Board Recruitment & Training, General Governance, Political Strategy (District/State)
- Petition Sections: Governance (w/ LT & Legal), Compensation & Benefits (w/ Legal & HR)
Health & Safety team
- Scope: OSHA, Emergency Preparedness, Medical (Staff, Students)
- Petition Sections: Health & Safety (w/ Facilities)
Human Resources team
- Scope: Staff Recruitment & Compensation Strategy, Employee Rights, Benefits, & Representation,
- Petition Sections: Qualifications of Employees (w/ Marketing), Admissions Policies (w/ Legal & Admin), Suspension & Expulsion (w/ Legal & Admin), Public School Alternative, Rights of District Employees (w/ Legal), Dispute Resolution (w/ Legal), Employee Representation (w/ Legal), Administrative Services (w/ Admin & Business)
- Scope: Legal Counsel and/or Help Secure Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- Petition Sections: Governance (w/ Governance & LT), Admissions Policies (w/ HR & Admin), Suspension & Expulsion (w/ Admin & HR), Compensation & Benefits (w/ HR & Governance), Rights of District Employees (w/ HR), Dispute Resolution (w/ HR), Employee Representation (w/ HR), School Contracts (w/ Business), Impact on District & Liabilities
- Scope: Community Listening, Community Engagement/Public Relations, Student Enrollment Strategy, Staff Recruiting Strategy, Marketing Materials, School Branding
- Petition Sections: Students to be Served (w/ LT & Family), Racial & Ethnic Balance (w/ Family), Qualifications of Employees (w/ HR)
- Scope: Research & Secure Funding, Design Program Model
- Petition Sections: None
- Scope: Website Development, E-Marketing/Communications Support, School Communications Systems, Technical Writing
- Petition Sections: None (Support Marketing?) We hope you'll join the team! Please consider your background, skills, interests, and time availability in selecting one or more teams. Email us at email@example.com to let us know how you can participate. Many thanks!
Academic Service Learning Consulting & Translation Services
Maria D. Ortiz, Ph.D Academic Service Learning Consulting & Translation Services.